FINANCIAL AWARENESS FOR P&GS MARKETING OFFICIALS (LIC)
funded business is highly sensitive to the yields declared on various funds
managed by the insurer. The marketing officials need to be aware how the funds
collected are invested, so as to generate maximum returns to the customers while
ensuring the protection of funds. Therefore,
it is imperative that the marketing officials should have a thorough
understanding of these investments in the capital market. They also need to know
how the capital markets function. With specific reference to LIC, the
participants also need to be aware of historical constraints (legacy issues),
which are a challenge while declaring the yield.
The course is
designed to familiarize the participants about the concepts of investment in the
capital market. The participants can have a comprehensive view of the different
types of financial instruments which will enable them to bring a level of
professional approach in their marketing pitch for group business. They should
be made aware to develop the necessary professional etiquette to deal with
corporate clients. This in turn
shall add value to the organization, both in qualitative and quantitative terms.
· To understand types and pattern of investments of P&GS funds as per regulatory guidelines.
· Understand the Structure of Capital Market and its functioning.
· Understand the application of Financial Statements & Ratios
· Understanding Annual Reports and Balance Sheets with respect to group business
· Understand the impact of various investment instruments on long term/short term yields.
· Develop professional etiquette.
· Have a pathway to leverage the acquired knowledge for better business performance.
· Current Economic Scenario across industries and across geographies
· IRDAI (Investment Regulations) for P&GS Funds
· Capital market functions, structure, types, and features- Impact on Yield
· IFRS and its implications on Group Business and P&L
· Income Tax provisions for Group Business
· Professional Etiquettes
· Valuation of Group Business – VNB, VNB Margins, Profits & EV
Nominations to be done by C.O. P&GS