National Insurance Academy is introducing a “Post Graduate Program in Actuarial Science”. The course shall enable students to understand the core principles of actuarial science with practical applications that would pave the way for the students to qualify for the certification awarded by the National Insurance Academy. The “Post Graduate Program in Actuarial Science” is an integrated post-graduate program covering the Core Principles and the Core Practices of the subjects of the Actuarial Profession. This course would enable the students to acquire necessary actuarial and analytical skills. On successful completion of this course the candidates would be well equipped with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil the responsibilities that their present or future employers might entrust them with. This would then lead to the development of a quality workforce thereby bringing higher levels of satisfaction amongst employees & employers.
The program shall be delivered with assistance from eminent actuaries and industry experts. The teaching methodologies shall include case studies, problem-solving, computer tools and live industry projects. The Academy shall have close industry linkages to provide better quality education. The duration of the certification is 8 months. The duration of each course (Level-1/Level-2) would be divided into a trimester pattern of 4 months each. Each trimester will cover 5 to 6 subjects. At the end of each trimester a written examination would be conducted.
- The course covers the core actuarial principles consisting of seven subjects under Level I
- The practical aspects of actuarial science covering six subjects and a live industry project under Level II
- The curriculum of the course has been designed considering the industry requirements as well as the syllabus of the Institute of Actuaries of India.
- Graduates preferably with mathematics, statistics or economics and management subjects can apply for the course.
- No upper age limit for admission to the course.
- Mode of teaching – Online using MS Teams
- Classes shall be conducted on weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm.
- Last Date of Application – 17th December 2021
For further details, please go through the brochure as well as the FAQ given in the link.