Ph. D. (Management), MSW (Personnel Management)
Certified Professional Coach: Coaching for Transformation from Leadership that Works (USA) - Accredited Coach Training Programme of International Coaching Federation.
Certified Professional Behavioural Analyst by Turning Point and Success Insight International, USA
Training Experience: 12 Years in facilitating Workshops & Management Development Programmes in areas of Leadership Competency Development, High Performance Work Teams, Performance Planning and Management, Self-Awareness and Transformation
Teaching Experience: 20 Years in Leading Management Schools in Organizational Behaviour and HRM Area.
Industry Experience: 07 Years in as HRD Specialist in reputed Companies.
Consulting Experience: Consulting Assignments in areas of KPI Formulation, Design of Performance Appraisal Formats, Performance Management, Long Term Leadership Development Interventions, HRD Audit
Research Experience: Widely published in Organizational Behaviour Area, Impact Assessment of Social Security Schemes
Recognized Ph. D. Guide: Savitribai Phule Pune University & Symbiosis International University
Area of Interest:
- Leadership Development
- Driving Performance in Organizations
- Leadership Coaching
- Organization Development
- Self-Management and Transformation
- Work Values
- Action Learning and Leadership Development
- Organizational Effectiveness
No. of Publications (National): 15
No. of Publications (International): 04
Books / Chapters/ Edited Books: 04 (Manuals for Psychometric Instruments), 05 (Chapters in Books) , 01 (Edited Book)
Conference Papers presented: 05 (National) and 04 (International)
List of Select Publications*
1. (1998). An exploration into relationship between Managerial creativity and learned helplessness. Prestige Journal of Management and Research, 2 , pp. 67- 72.
2. (2000) Train your brain to communicate, Indian Management, 39(1), pp. 48-51.
3. (2000) A study of relationship between occupational self-efficacy and occupational Stress. IBMR Review, 2(1), pp. 19-24.
4. (2000). Occupational Self efficacy: Constituent Factors. Management & Labour Studies, 25 (2), pp. 92-98.
5. (2000) Role efficacy dimensions as correlates of learned helplessness and self-efficacy, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 35(4), pp. 507-518.
6. (2001, 2013) Development of Learned Optimism Scale, Indian Journal of Training and Development, vol XXXI, no. 3, pp. 39-45. The article is included in Collector’s Issue published in IJTD - July September 2013.
7. (2001, ) Individual Centric Organization: Mantra for a Successful Enterprise, IBMR Review, 3.
8. (2002) Organizational Citizenship Behaviour: Discretionary yet Desired. South Asian Journal of Management, Vol. 8, Issue 3 & 4.
9. (2002). Job Attitudes and Learned Helplessness: Implications for individual and organizational competitiveness. Paradigm, Jul-Dec issue
10. (2005). An examination of impact of work values and work experiences on job stress and Learned Helplessness: Role of Self Efficacy. IBAT Journal of Management, Vol. 2 (1), pp. 35-45.
11. (2007). Leader Behaviour Assessment Profile. Irish Journal of Management, 27 (2) pp 33-48.
12. (2007). Implementation of HRMS in Indian Banks. Published in proceedings of International Conference on HRIS organized by ICEIS at Madeira, Portugal on June 12-13, 2007.
13. (2009). Monthly Mailers: A Unique Communication Approach to Develop Grass root Servant Leadership in an NGO (A Case of Annapurna Mahila Parivar, India). Pune: Annapurna.
14. (2012) ‘Leadership: Alchemy of Awareness’ published in ISHA Monograph Vol. 13, no. 1 (ISSN-0974-214X).
15. (2014) “AbhayHastham, Micro Pension Sceme: A Case Study”. BimaQuest Vol. 14, issue 1. (ISSN-0974-0791)
16. (2015) “Effect of Desired and Experienced Work Values, and Organization Climate on Job Satisfaction and Organization Commitment: An Exploration (With special reference to New Recruits in Public Sector General Insurance Company). International Journal of Human Resource & Industrial Research, Vol.2, Issue 1, Jan-2015, pp 21-35 ISSN: 2349 –3593 (Online), ISSN: 2349 –4816 (Print)
17. (2017). ‘Strength based approach to Leadership Skills Development: Role of Awareness; Alignment; Action. BimaQuest, Vol 17 (2), pp 6-24 (ISSN- 0974-0791).
18. (2018). Work Values: Generation Y Expectations and HRM Implications (Study of an Indian Public Sector Non-Life Insurer). Bimaquest. 18 (1), pp 83-96 (ISSN- 0974-0791)
19. (2019). The changing dynamics of manager-subordinate relationships in organizations: An empirical study, European Business Review. 31 (2), pp. 218 - 231 (ISSN: 0955-534X)
Chapters in Books
1. (1999). Occupational Self Efficacy: Development and standardization of a psychological measure. In Human Behaviour and Management Practices in 21st Century, Upinder Dhar et al. (Eds.) New Delhi: Shivshakti.
2. (2000), EQ Mapping: An Effective Instrument for Performance Management. In Dhar U, S. Dhar, Mala Shrivastav and Rangnekar S., (Eds.) People, Processes and Organizations: Emerging Realities, New Delhi: Excel
3. (2000). Employee Counselling. In Dhar U. and S. Ravishankar (Eds), Executive Skills for Global Managers. Mumbai: Himalaya. pp. 84-103.
4. (2001). Organization based self-esteem and Learned helplessness. In Dhar U, S. Dhar, Mishra, Prashant and Bhakar S., (Eds.). Organizational Challenges. New Delhi: Excel.
5. (2003). Impact of Ego States on Managerial Creativity. In C.S. Singhal (Ed.), Behavioural Management in Rural Development. Ambala: Associated Publishers.
Book/ Psychometric Instruments
1. (2006). Effective Psychological Contract: Implications for HR Practices (Ed.). Hyderabad: ICFAI University Press
2. (1999). Manual for Occupational Self Efficacy Scale. Agra: National Psychological Corporation.
3. (1999). Manual for Learned Optimism Scale. Agra: National Psychological Corporation.
4. (2001). Manual for Organizational Climate Scale. Agra: National Psychological Corporation.
5. (2007). Manual for Leader Behaviour Assessment Profile. Agra: National Psychological Corporation.