|CA Mr K Ravi Shankar B.COM (HONS), ACA, AIII
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE:
- Mr K Ravi Shankar is joined NIA on deputation from The New India Assurance Company Limited as Deputy General Manager and Faculty on 26.08.2015.
- He held several positions in the Company spanning over 35 Years of Service in Corporate Office and Indian Operating offices.
- He was heading Chennai Region of The New India Assurance Co. Ltd as Deputy General Manager for Two years 2013-14 & 2014-15. Under his leadership, New India Chennai Region has achieved commendable business performance, as an independent Profit Centre, with a premium of Rs 724.10 Crores (12% accretion) with a Net Profit of Rs 33.9 Crores (2014-15) as against Rs 646.94 Crores with a Profit of Rs 31 Crores (2013-14).
- New India Chennai Region caters to a vast geographical area from Chennai city (urban clients) to various muffosil centres (Rural population) namely, Kanjipuram, Vellore, Thiruvannamalai, Villupuram, Cuddalore, Union territories Pondicherry and Andaman & Car Nicobar Islands, operating through a network of 101 operating offices and through a Team of 873 employees, serving wide cross section of policy holders across the Region.
- Under his leadership, implementation of various insurance schemes across Chennai Region & Union Territories, ‘affordable/ low cost insurance for socially and economically weaker sections of society’ was given top priority in 2013-14 & 2014-15 and achieved grand success in implementation of Government sponsored schemes, such as PMJDY, PMSBY etc.
- Under his leadership Chennai Region achieved All India Best Performance in Health Award (Metro Region) in 2013-14 & All India Best Performance Award in Claim Settlement (II Prize out of 32 Regions) in 2014-15.
- He served Ten Years as Head of New India’s Overseas Operations and gained expert knowledge of Overseas Operations. He visited United Kingdom (study of Regulatory environment in UK, finalization & submission of statutory returns to Regulatory Authority UK & Middle East (UAE, Bahrain) on official assignments (Performance Review of Agency operations).
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
- AWARD IN RECOGNITION OF VALUED CONTRIBUTION AT THE HIGHEST MANAGEMENT LEVEL TO THE GENERAL INSURANCE INDUSTRY, FOR COMPLETING 35 YEARS OF CONTINUOUS SERVICE AND ENHANCING THE BRAND IMAGE OF THE ICAI.
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA ICAI– DATED 1.02.2015
In recognition of his outstanding performance to New India’s Overseas Operations in 1998-99 at the Third International Conference held at Dubai on 14.12.1999.
- CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE 1998-1999 AT THE THIRD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE:
- He is a regular speaker in various Seminars, workshops, conferences organised by company as well as by General Insurance Council, Association of Chamber of Commerce Mumbai, on General insurance and Taxation Issues & Tax Management in General Insurance.