Ph.D. in Marketing, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, 2008
M.B.A., Devi Ahilya University, Indore, 1999
Teaching and Training Experience:
Courses taught at Post Graduate Level (PGDM) : Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Strategies, Principle of Marketing
Training Experience ( Management Development Programme ): Each year, on average, 100 hours of training is being imparted to around 500 middle and senior level executives of Indian and foreign Insurance industry
Areas in which trainings are imparted: Consumer Buying Behaviour, Consumer Protection and Regulations, Marketing Strategy, Distribution Channel Management
Research Experience in last two years(2014-16)
Research assignments undertaken: Review of Framework for Consumer Protection and Regulation In Indian Insurance sector, Study of Best Practices in Agency Management
Consultancy Experience in last two years(2014-16) :
Consultancy assignments undertaken:
Study of Cattle Insurance in India for a PSU General Insurance Company
Experience as Member – Standing Advisory Committee, IRDAI 2014 :
Was co-opted in one of the sub-groups of the Standing Advisory Committee for Consumer Affairs, IRDAI to revisit extant regulations and frame comprehensive Consumer Protection Regulation in the year 2014
Experience as Reviewer for Conference in last two years (2014-16):
For the Australia And New Zealand International Business Academy (ANZIBA) Conference 2016
PhD Guide in area of Marketing by Savitri bai Phule, Pune University
Areas of Interest:
Consumer Behaviour and Insurance Buying
Distribution Channel Management
No. of Publications (National): Two Conference Proceedings
No. of Publications (International): One Journal and Five Conference Proceedings
List of Publications with publication details
Journal and Conference Publications:
- Gaur, Sanjaya S., Shalini Pathak Tiwari and Hanoku Bathula (2012), Ohanian’s Celebrity Endorsers’ Credibility Scale: Evaluation And Validation In The Context Of An Emerging Economy, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp 152-161 ISBN 1753-0806
- Tiwari Shalini Pathak and Sanjaya S. Gaur (2009), Social Influences on Consumer Behavior in Small Groups like Family, In: Proceedings of AMA Summer Marketing Educators' Conference, held at Chicago, IL, US, August 7-10. ISBN 9781615677986, pg. no. 346-347
- Gaur, Sanjaya S. and Shalini Pathak (2008), A Model of Social Influences on Consumer Behavior in a Small Group, In: Proceedings of AMA Summer Marketing Educators' Conference, held at San Diego, CA US, August 8-11. ISBN 9781605606187, pg. no. 134-141
- Gaur, Sanjaya S. and Shalini Pathak (2007), Consumers' Effortful Decision Making and the Self-Regulatory Orientation, In: Proceedings of ANZMAC Conference, held at the University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, December 3-5,.
- Pathak, Shalini, Sanjaya S. Gaur and Hari Vasudevan (2007), Advertising Believability and its Impact on Fostering a Behavioral Change in the Context of AIDS Awareness, In: Proceedings of 2nd IIMA Conference on Research in Marketing, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, held during 3-5 January
- Gaur, Sanjaya S. and Shalini Pathak (2006), Relationship Transparency in Industrial Marketing, In: Proceedings of 22nd Industrial Marketing and Purchasing Group Conference, University of Bocconi, Milan, Italy, held during 5-6 September.
- Gaur, Sanjaya S. and Shalini Pathak (2005), Validation of the Celebrity Endorsers Credibility Scale in Indian Context, In: Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Research in Advertising, Saarbrucken: Saarland University held during June 2-4.
- Sapre, Anand and Shalini Pathak (2001), A Model for Efficient Movement of Customer: A Competitive Edge, In: Proceedings of Nirma International Conference on Management, Nirma institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad held during January 3-6.